Thursday, August 2, 2007

I'm Off, Bitches

As usual, I planned for packing to take me about two days, and I was completely ready to go in about two hours. Now I'm just waiting for the fam to get their shit together so we can get this show on the road. I loathe traveling by car. Sadly, because my flight to Seattle leaves at 8 am tomorrow, I will be driving to Skokie to stay with the G-Rents tonight. I have already self-medicated myself into a slight daze to make the car ride a little more bearable, but I think I'm going to have to induce a coma to make it the whole way alive. It's not even like I get carsick, I just get sick of being in the car. I get stir crazy, but to the point where it is unwise to even look at me the wrong way. I can handle planes, trains, boats, whatever...but cars are killer. They're my kryptonite.

I hope to make it to Seattle in one piece. Travel with parents has gotten a little old, so we'll see how this annual excursion goes. I think it's worth it just to have someone make me breakfast every morning.

No comments: