Today marks Hero's one week aniversary of being my dog. We've been though a lot, and I thought I'd take some time to share a few of Hero's milestones, personality traits, and of course some pictures.
1. Human throws toy. Favorites are "Lamb-Man" (seen above) and "Bear"
2. Hero runs (so fast that he often slips on the wood floors) and retrieves the toy
3. Hero brings toy back to human at lightning speed, and leaps into the lap of the human
4. Hero cuddles up in the lap of the human, alternating between chewing the toy and licking/chewing the human.
5. When the human gets a hold of the toy again, they throw it and the cycle starts again
6. This goes on for what seems like hours until Hero eventually stops fetching and tries to trick the human into letting him take a snooze in their lap.
A few other facts about Hero:
He fakes peeing. Most likely this is because he hates being outside in the cold. He tried to fake poop once, but figured out quickly that the lack of solid (ha!) evidence was obvious.
Hero loves to be in laps. He would take every nap in my lap if I weren't so strict about him sleeping in his bed. I do love a good cuddle, though, and sometimes he gets to nap next to me. Or sprawled on me, as this picture shows:
I can't come up with too many hilarious anecdotes, probably because I have a cold, am exhausted, and spend all my time watching Hero to make sure he doesn't pee all over the place. I swear, when he can come to me and signal that he needs to go out and take a shit, I'm going to consider believing in Jesus.
my flickr page.