Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Best Comic Ever, Among Other Things

What a crazy few weeks. I'm speaking for myself here, I have no idea how your last few weeks have been. My blogging homies have written some stuff that is basically what I would have written myself, so I'm just gonna link away and save my fingers the stress of typing. Seriously, it's been that kind of couple of days.

So a few weeks ago I went to New York to visit my partner in crime Sadie, and it was LOVELY and hilarious. As was expected. The best part was when Sadie and I were lying in bed, and I woke her up to tell her a joke I came up with. It basically went like this:

Me: Sadie. Are you awake? Saaaadie. HEY SADIE.
Sadie: Mmmmrrrgh
Me: What about this. Picture a potato, and the potato is holding a sign that says, "Too good, to be, Au Gratin." HAHAHAHA.
Sadie: Uhhhnnngh.
Me: See, because instead of "forgotten" it says "Au Gratin!" Because it's a potato! It's hilarious!
Sadie: mmmmm.
Me: I'm gonna draw that tomorrow. I'm gonna make a little doodle. It's so funny. I'm totally gonna draw that.
Sadie: I'LL DRAW IT.
Me: ...

And then when I woke up in the morning, Sadie had not only drawn my amazing joke, she made it MORE amazing! See Sadie's take on our reunion here, including the drawing in question.

One of the things I was most looking forward to on my New York trip was all the gluten-free possibilities. We hit up BabyCakes almost immediately. (Rereading this, I see that I have never mentioned BabyCakes, or the amazing BabyCakes cookbook before. Look into this on your own. I'm busy,) Oh my God, you guys. I can't even begin to describe how great that was. I was practically hysterical the whole time we were in there. When I ordered the woman asked me if I wanted it to go or "in my hand" and I was all, "I WANT IT IN MY MOUTH." She was not amused, but thank Allah Sadie was there to laugh at my sparkling wit. We also had some amazing brunch and gluten-free pizza that actually tasted like pizza. Sadie's delightful buddy/roommate Kelly actually has a blog all about eating in NYC, so I'm just going to direct you there for the foodie bits of this adventure.

And that brings us to this Thanksgiving weekend. I'll write more later. I think now I'm going to watch a trashy movie on Instant Watch. While you wait for the next post, please enjoy this picture of T. Pain.

No comments: