Monday, August 27, 2007

Reverse! Reverse!

As a person of the Polish persuasion, I know (as we all do) that the Polish tend to photograph kind of Asian. My dad once explained to me that this is because we are Asian; when the Mongols conquered land after land while traveling west, they stopped in Poland and had themselves some sex with the locals.

Anyway, not the point. The point is that we look Asian. And it usually only comes out in photographs.

Although this is a common situation among the Polish, I have never seen the reverse: An Asian photographing as a POLE. Leave it to one of those darn Jolie-Pitt kids to prove multi-culturalism is a two way street.To prove my point, here is a picture of my 100% Polish father. You have to imagine him about 50 years younger, and pretend part of his face isn't obscured, but the resemblance is still clear:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why you are amazing.

PS. Let's smoke some cloves. But only after I buy another dental dam.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is that the title of the post is a shout out to the Cha Cha Slide.