Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Oh, Girls

I think girls are so silly. Sometimes I'm not sure if they are trying to sound stupid or vapid, or if it's just natural.

For example, I was taking a linguistics test the other day and the girl sitting behind me said to another girl, "I hope this is multiple choice. I'm really good at guessing."

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so at first I thought she was joking. She was not.

To add insult to injury (I'm not entirely sure what that means. I'm terrible with figures of speech.) today on Jezebel there was this Q n' A asking teens if they're into gossip. Here's my favorite:

"I exaggerated a story once to say that my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with his male cousin and his female cousin while he was in Venezuela in a threesome. I told the whole school. I do think it really happened, though! Oh, and this other time when I was a freshman I had my best friend do my makeup so I looked like I had a black eye and I told everyone my now ex-boyfriend was beating me. The same boyfriend who I said had the threesome. Oh, and this other time I had my best friend tell one of my teachers that I "hadn't been the same since the abortion" so I could get out of a math test." --Kimberly, 16

She's clearly such a terrible person that I'm surprised she doesn't have her own TV show.

I'd watch it.

No comments: