Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Heroic Perv is Still a Perv

Have you seen this cover of FHM?
You have now! But seriously, does this make you as uncomfortable as it makes me? I imagine FHM thinks they're being really sexy and edgy, but it doesn't really work. At all.

1. I know this is really shitty of me, but Masi Oka is famous for playing an asexual character, and because of that I assume that he is Hiro Nakamura in real life. So why is he looking at me all suggestively from the cover of a pervy "Mens'" magazine? He should play a serial rapist in a movie with Charlize Theron, THEN pretend to be a sexpot.

2. Hayden Panettiere and I have a love/hate thing going on, and this is not helping. She is nine. Why are you on the cover of FHM with a Ken Doll (Get it? No package! HA!) when you are basically a zygote? And I know that she just turned 18 and blah blah, but you know that saying, "Age ain't nothing but a number?" Well it goes both ways.

3. I also think it's strange that within the context of Heroes the characters of Hiro and Claire have like, no relationship to each other. At all. Maybe they met once? I can't even remember. They are like the two main characters, but this styling just seems so strange. They should have been like, playing golf together . . . sexily? I don't know. This whole concept is lost on me.

No comments: