Friday, December 14, 2007

Bongo Holiday Gift Guide: Apparel

Fa la la la la. The holiday season is upon us. Hanukkah may be over, but the Christians and lying Atheists who still have a tree and presents and caroling are just getting started. And then there's Kwanzaa, which I love because it's a lot more like Thanksgiving than Christmas, and Thanksgiving is what I live for. AND then there's the New Year, and THEN, the most important day of all, my fucking birthday (January 3, I accept checks)!

I have been trolling the interweb for awhile now, looking for awesome presents. I'm really picky about gift-giving - I have to find the perfect present for every single person. Good thing I only have to get like, five presents. Anyway, I wanted to share with you some of the great things I have uncovered that I may have asked for, bought for someone else, or wished I had a perfect recipient to gift this present upon. This will be a series of posts, broken down into categories, starting with apparel.
I'm so in love with this shirt from Sticks and Stones Clothing. There are other slogans too, my second fave being "angry black woman," which I will be purchasing for myself any day now. I have a policy of not wearing shirts with words on them, because I don't want to invite people to "read" me, especially across my A cups, but this is the perfect way to go about it.

Perfect For: Your dad.
"Dupa" means ass in Polish. It was also probably one of the first Polish words I learned as a tot, which makes perfect sense if you know my grandma. The person who designed this shirt (On Cafe Press) has other designs that are terrible, but they hit the nail on the head with this one.

Perfect For: Stosh Piznarski (Duh.)

These are handmade Salt n' Pepa jackets, available on Etsy. I lose my shit every time I look at these. They would be mine, but I don't have $300 in my bank account. I do, however, have "Push It" as my ringtone, so I'm living the dream somehow.

Perfect For: Me

Tune in next post for . . . electronics! (Think there will be vibrators? Have you even read this before?!)

No comments: