Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Call Bullshit

I was reading Entertainment Weekly's PopWatch Blog just now and realized something: I think someone is videotaping my life and selling it so that less awesome people can steal my ideas.

It's really the only thing that makes sense.

Remember the post from October 5 where I talk about how completely misleading the Sweeney Todd trailer(s) is? Well whaddya know, EW has put someone on the case ... two months later.
Joy Piedmont acts like she's really cracked the case, which is kind of annoying and suspicious to me. The whole concept of the PopWatch blog is that those who write for it troll the interweb, find things that they want to re-write about, and then post it on their EW page. Since Sweeney Todd is like the musical theatre event, and it's fucking Sondheim, and those fans are like, insane, this trailer business cannot possibly be new news. Or something thousands of people (including me) haven't been writing about for months.

This reminds me of how I feel that I have amazing ideas/insights that I share with those around me, and then months or years later I find that someone else has taken them and made millions, and I'm left with nothing but my insistence that I thought of it first. You could argue with this by asserting that there are only so many ideas in the world, etc, but I prefer to believe the Truman Show-esque example I give above.

I mean, come on. Ethnic Band-Aids. Amazing idea, right? Well I'm not the only one who thought so:
If someone manufactures Hooch Boxes (Alcoholic juice boxes. I know.) I'm going to be pissed as fuck.

No comments: