Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Holidaze

This time of year "women's" magazines are all about "what to wear to all those holiday parties!" Who are the people they are targeting in these articles? I typically go to about 2-3 holiday parties (the non-college kind) and I never wear any of that shit. I'm not some high powered entertainment lawyer, or an heiress, or one of the other related types of people that I imagine really need a "guide" like those printed in every mag. Still, I love to leaf through these handbooks and imagine what I would wear to the plethora of holiday parties whose invitations (I imagine) are bursting from my mailbox.Like this gorge dress from Jovovich-Hawk (Available on Shopbop, $1,238). It's so fabulous and yet completely appropriate for my family's annual cocktail/tree lighting party at the estate. Maybe I could add a little capelet or shrug just in case it's chilly or we take a stroll on the grounds before dusk. Uh huh, sure.

No comments: