Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Life as a Geeky Lesbian

I was babysitting the other night for an semi-infant, which usually consists of him sleeping upstairs while I watch Family Guy with the dog downstairs. Ben (the dog) and I have become quite close. Every time I see Baby though, it's like a first meeting, even though I'm in his house once a week. Ben likes to sleep under my feet when I'm curled up on the couch. It melts my heart.Anyway, I was babysitting the other night, and Ben and I were listening to a Neko Case concert on NPR. It was all very calming and lovely. Neko (I feel like we're on a first name basis because I want to marry her) was talking about how she watches Battlestar Gallactica. I have often used the word frak, and I'm interested in cult-like geeky stuff to some extent, but I have never watched BSG. I'm not that nerdy. That's like 23 year old virgin playing video games on their computer with a headset on nerdy. But if it's good enough for Neko Case, it's mos def good enough for me. I mean, look how awesome and pretty she is:I'm so in love with her. Like to the point where I can never actually meet her because I would just clam up and drool or say something stupid like, "I listened to you the other day live with Ben, who's a dog, and it was so like, fucking zen and your lyrics are so meaningful and do you want to maybe travel around the world with me or something because I think we could be BFFs?"

So the next day, which was Friday, which was also yesterday, I decided to pretend to be "sick" as an excuse to lie in bed under quilts and watch TV on DVD on my computer. What did I watch, you ask? What do you fucking think?! Battlestar!
I'm such a gaywad-geekbucket. But at least my girlfriend and I will have something to talk about when we're on the Transiberian Railroad.

No comments: