Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Little Background...

See, I used to post here all the time, then I went to San Francisco and had my spirit crushed, and I didn't write as much. Now I'm writing more, and some different people are reading what I share here. Example! My mom just started reading! Hi Mama T!

Her honest opinion:
"I don't like the swearing, but you are a good writer."
Awww shucks! I'll repay your compliment with this picture of you getting a massage from an otter!Anyway, I thought I'd put some basic info about the ol' blog here so that the greenhorns can know what's up.

1. The kid in the picture at the top of the page is not me. I have no idea who that kid is. I have no real right to use that picture, either. But it's too kickass to take down - am I right or am I RIGHT?!

2. This blog is me writing about things that I love and/or hate. Basically it's narcissistic and completely self-indulgent. But oh so well written, yes?

3. There is a list of sites that I like and frequent on the right side of this page. See? Yeah, that's the one. I recommend that you peep these, because I don't make bad recommendations. A lot of these sites have posts about them too, usually under the tag "interweb."

4. The tags under posts will take you to other posts about those topics. "Call the Shots" is when I write one or two sentences about a photo, usually the first thing that pops into my head when I see said photo, like, "JESU! What a MESS!" "Gay crush" does not necessarily mean that I or that person is gay. As Sarah Silverman once said in a momentary bout of comedy, "I didn't mean gay like homosexual, I meant gay like retarded."

5. Oh, I may seem inappropriate at times. Like my mom/newest reader says, and I paraphrase, "I'm not sure if I think that's funny or embarrassing."

6. You should also click the links I put in posts, because often times they're hilarious. This is what DVD makers call "Easter Eggs," which to me sounds like something parents call their baby's poop.

7. This is what I look like in the morning, including the wild arm movements and the amazingly red button-nose:

No comments: