Monday, July 14, 2008

Best Discovery Ever

I talk all the time about how I love the 90s and miss those days like an amputee misses a phantom limb. The main things that stand out as being spectacular from that Golden Decade are, naturally, pop culture oriented. I was a kid during this time, and it was before parents were totally anal and wouldn't let kids watch TV because they didn't want no fatties in their house or whatever. Also, I was never fat or friendless, so I doubt copious television viewing causes AIDS or whatever parents are crying about these days.

Anyway, back to the point. I found this video on YouTube of "30 minutes of 90s Cartoon Openings." It's like I hopped in a Delorean and found God. I've put it below, and under that are some of the thoughts that ran through my head while watching. You're welcome.

*Talespin probably has the best theme song of all time. Of any show. Ever. Why do I not have that on my iPod??!
*Um, The Critic? What? Remember that kid from Easter Island though? That was a funny bit.
*What is Sam and Max? I've never even heard of that
*I totally forgot there was an Aladdin animated series. That was awesome.
*Some of these are def for adults. I feel kind of deceived.
*Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century??!! WTF.
*Ohmigod GARGOYLES!!!!!!
*Where was the theme to Doug?! Or Beetlejuice?!

No comments: